The Healing Path was created by founder Marie Gallagher in 2003. Marie’s intention was to create a safe space for individuals to experience healing, growth, encouragement and support as they move from a place of imbalance and stress to a happy state of calm.
Marie arrived in Federal Hill in 2001 and began a small massage practice. As clients were looking for a place to go for acupuncture or yoga in the neighborhood, Marie realized there was no such place, and in the spring of 2003 she opened The Healing Path Massage & Wellness Center. The Healing Path is Marie’s home away from home. As a mom of two very active boys and small business owner, she understands the need for balance, by reducing stress and taking good care of oneself. Marie enjoys working with all clients and feels her training and life experience offers a unique perspective to her massage sessions. By incorporating a variety of techniques, Marie’s massage sessions are said to be moderate to deep in pressure, and very nurturing. Marie looks forward to meeting you and helping you create your happy state of calm.
Education & Training
- Earned B.S. in Family Studies in December 1998
- Graduated Baltimore School of Massage in Spring 1999
- Certified in Bodywork for the Childbearing Year, Kate Jordan Seminars Advanced Training
- Certified in Working with Survivors of Sexual and Physical Abuse
- Certified in Working with the Frail and Elderly
- Certified in Reflexology
- Level 1 Chakra Balancing
- Currently enrolled in the Institute of Integrative Nutrition