Massage in Maryland is Not only Relaxing, it’s Therapeutic
Did you know that expert’s estimate that over 90% of disease is stress relates? And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress.
While it may be a bit idealistic to eliminate stress altogether, massage without a doubt and help to manage and reduce it and alleviate the symptoms caused by stress. Research continues to show the enormous benefits of touch, which range from treating chronic diseases, neurological disorders, and injuries, to alleviating the tensions of modern lifestyles.
Bodywork (Baltimore massage, shiatsu, yoga, Thai massage and other modalities) provides an emotional balance which can be just as a vital and valuable component to your state of well being as the more tangible physical benefits.
Increase the Benefits with Frequent Visits
Massage in Maryland can do you a world of good. Having a regularly scheduled massage plays a huge role in how healthy you’ll be today as well as how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year. Creating a self-care plan by budgeting time and money for bodywork at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health.
And remember, just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and work with your practitioner to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs. There’s no denying the power of bodywork. Regardless of the reasons we seek it (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management etc.) massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
- Alleviate low-back pain
- Improve range of motion
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays
- Ease medication dependence
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow-the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ-the skin
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins-amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine pain
- Provide emotional support through stressful times
We invite you to try The Healing Path and allow us the opportunity to become your community resource for wellness, health and a stress free life. Be well!! We specialize in massage, acupuncture, and prenatal wellness. We also now offer counseling sessions by appointment.