What is Colon Hydrotherapy?
Colon Hydrotherapy (colonics) is a safe, effective method of cleansing the colon (large intestine) of waste material. Temperature and pressure regulated water is gradually introduced into the colon and released repeatedly during a session. This process softens and loosens built up fecal matter, which is eventually evacuated from the body. The use of federally regulated, state of the art equipment and an IACT Certified Therapist ensure the clients comfort, safety and dignity.
Beneficial Foods and Beverages Before and After Colonic
- Fruits (preferably organic)
- Herbal teas
- Fish and free range poultry
- Green leafy vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Sweet potatoes
- Seasonal vegetables
- Whole grains (brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa and millet)
Foods and Beverages to Avoid Before and After a Colonic
- Coffee and tea with caffeine
- Carbonated drinks
- White four products
- Fatty and fried foods
- Processed foods
- Gas producing foods such as beans, cabbage, broccoli and onions.
What can I expect after my session?
You will most likely feel great! You may feel lighter, more clearheaded and relaxed. There is often improved skin tone. An over all feeling of wellbeing is reported by most clients after their session. There may be subsequent bowel movements for the next few hours. Also, bowel movement may take a couple of days to get back to normal. It is best to allow yourself time to rest after your first colonic. There have been instances of clients reporting an emotional release during or after the session. It is important to let these emotions flow, as this is also part of the cleansing and healing process.
Contraindications for Colon Hydrotherapy:
- Uncontrolled Hypertension
- Cirrhosis of the Liver
- History of Aneurysm/Blood Clots
- Severe Anemia
- GI hemorrhage/ Perforation
- Bleeding/ Inflamed Hemorrhoids
- Renal Insufficiency
- Active Diverticulitis, Colitis, IBS- extreme abdominal pain and bleeding/fever
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Carcinoma of the Colon
- Abdominal Hernia
- Recent Abdominal Surgery
- A Phone Consultation Required for New Clients Prior to Scheduling
- Please call Mary Sczuka@970-485-1634 our IACT Certified Colon Hydrotherapist to Schedule Your Appointment