The Healing Path was created by founder Marie Gallagher in 2003. Marie’s intention was to create a safe space for individuals to experience healing, growth, encouragement and support as they move from a place of imbalance and stress to a happy state of calm.
Marie arrived in Federal Hill in 2001 and began a small massage practice. As clients were looking for a place to go for massage, prenatal massage or acupuncture in the neighborhood, Marie realized there was no such place, and in the spring of 2003 she opened The Healing Path Massage & Wellness Center.
Between 2011 and 2014, Marie opened 2 more studios, Timonium and Fells Point to expand our services to the Baltimore community in both Baltimore City and Baltimore County.
The Healing Path is Marie’s home away from home. As a mom of two very active boys and small business owner, she understands the need for balance by reducing stress and taking good care of oneself. In the fall of 2017, as her boys have gotten older and need more attention, Marie made the decision that 3 studios was taking a toll on her well being and focus on family. She made the decision to close the Timonium studio so that she can remain grounded and focus on the needs of her two growing boys and the Fells Point and Federal Hill studio.
Marie has ‘stepped out of the treatment room’ for the moment to focus on managing and growing The Healing Path Massage & Wellness. However, when stepping back in the room from time to time, she enjoys working with all clients and feels her training and life experience offers a unique perspective to her massage sessions. By incorporating a variety of techniques, Marie’s massage sessions are said to be moderate to deep in pressure, and very nurturing.
Marie looks forward to meeting you and helping you create your happy state of calm.
Education & Training
- Earned B.S. in Family Studies in December 1998
- Graduated Baltimore School of Massage in Spring 1999
- Certified in Bodywork for the Childbearing Year, Kate Jordan Seminars Advanced Training
- Certified in Working with Survivors of Sexual and Physical Abuse
- Certified in Working with the Frail and Elderly
- Certified in Reflexology
- Level 1 Chakra Balancing
- Certified in Himalayan Salt Stone Massage
- Graduate of Institute of Integrative Nutrition
- Board Members of the Holistic Training Massage Institute
- Board Members of the Tyanna Foundation
- continues to be a student of life….